Saturday 23 January 2021

My 132nd Post: Why Have I Stopped?

I will just start this blog abruptly without any proper introductory paragraph. The last time I had published over this platform was back in 2015 and today, it is 2021. Nearly six years have passed since my last post and that is a long time. I haven’t stopped writing, well no not really. I have been around sharing quotes, publishing academic papers, freelancing, and stuff like that but I haven’t really written something from my heart for my heart.

There are a couple of reasons for my absence, though they might just be excuses but still, I would like to believe that they are valid excuses. One of them which is really the worst is that I have become demotivated to write. I used to believe that I have a way with words and my hands are the medium of art but I came to understand that I might be flying over polluted clouds. My words, well they haven’t generated many readers and followers and I guess they aren’t really worthy of much praise so I just went silent. The other reason is life. Life is a beautiful trauma for us to live and wait for the light to reach our eyes.

I do have a lot to write and talk about but at the same time, I have nothing to say worthy enough for someone to read. This post is just an explanation post for a friend whom I really respect and I owe this much at least.

All I wish to say is that I do will to write but then again, I wonder, is it worth it to type down my words in front of the world who sees no charm in them? Should I really paint my thoughts over such canvases or should I just go back to my silence? I really don’t have a clue about that. I might start writing once again if this post gets even 10 views or few comments because they will prove to me that I am heard and people do like hearing from me or who am I kidding with this?

So, basically, I have nothing more to say upon why I have stopped. Or maybe I do, but then again it is better to be left chained in my brain rather than inked down on this blog. But I can say, I still love to write and am passionate about this art. Even while writing this post, which basically is just a random vent, I am enjoying the music my fingers are making when they press the keys on the keyboard. Writing is and I believe will always be a part of who I am and that will never die but the fact remains that would I let it out publicly or not? I don’t know but who knows, we never know what life has stored for us in the upcoming moments. We just have to live it the best way we can.

“So, have fun, stay safe and continue social distancing to be safe from COVID-19 because it is not a fun to get ill,” words to live by from two-time COVID survivor :)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment