Monday 9 September 2013

My 113th Post: Religious Us


The day I took my first breath of air, I didn't know who I was or what my identity was going to be....like others, I just opened my eyes and closed them again to be cuddled in the arms of my loved ones....I didn't know what my motive was when I came into existence....I only knew that I have been sent to some people as their son, nothing else....when I grew, things revealed and I was given a certain identity to carry myself in this world...with a name and a family background, I was also enrolled in a titled category which by default is done for each and every child who steps in this world....I was categorised according to the religion of my parents and placed under the title of Islam....
What is Islam? What kind of a religion is it? Things like that were unknown to my knowledge and what was known is that it is a religion which my parents follow and I have to obey them and follow what they tell me to...with age, the knowledge increased and I came to know the difference between good and bad and the selection of a righteous path....this day, there are so many things that I know are wrong in this society and I know that they would lead me to the fire of Hell....I know I should avoid them and try to become a better Muslim but instead of doing that, I am just fooling around and dragging my mind towards the beastly activities....
I am not the judge of the ones who are reading my posts but I can say that most of the people are just namely religious....they might be following some rules and regulations but would be avoiding a lot of them....in Islam, the first thing we are taught are the rules which would keep us away from Hell....those rules are simple and easily followed....I believe in each and every rule taught to us but the last one which says to believe in the day of judgement, I am doing a mistake in that....I believe from the depth of my heart that I would be commanded to raise once more to be judged according to my deeds in this worldly life....but, the thing which is killing me is that I do believe but I ain't correcting my deeds....there are many mistakes in my character which might get me punished and the irony is that I am not avoiding them....surely I do try but my will is weak which means I am not really trying hard.....
There should be a fear in our hearts stronger than the one we have when we have to face our parents....It is the God we are talking about here...He is the one who created each and everything, even the ones we fear....if we are afraid of the creation, why don't we have the sense of being afraid of the Creator? the creation might hurt us physically but for a limited time...the Creator can punish us for eternity if He wills to do so....His torments would be much terrible than the ones we can imagine.....but still, we are ignoring that fact and moving in life the way we want to....we are avoiding simple things which He taught us to be good and are lusting over things which He has restrained us from.....
Most of us are following Him just compared to the drop of rain against the water from all the oceans....just ask your heart where do you stand and if you are far away from the gates of Heaven, try to perfect yourself and pray to Him to guide you and the others to the right path....strengthen your believes and make the aim of reaching Heaven your first priority....
May Allah bless us all and please do pray for each and everyone, including this writer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment