Friday 28 September 2012

My 57th Post: Pakistan's Turning Victory Against South Africa

I am not a cricket fan and I really don't think I would ever be one but today's match got me into it from the start till the very end...Pakistan started off terrifically and it looked as a definite victory...I really thought that South Africa was only going to give a nominal target of somewhere between 80s and 90s but they took over some pace and started hitting some finely calculated shots....but still in my believe, a target of 134 wasn't such big specially for a team having a high caliber....so for me the match seemed over before 15th over but the tables always have to turn....
Umar Gul after one of his Boundaries 
The second innings started and Pakistan stood on the pitch to bat....that was the moment when I lost my interest in cricket again.....such a terrible start....what were they even thinking.....134 runs in 20 overs against South Africa may seem tough to a guy like me but for Pakistan's cricket team, I thought it would be a piece of ice cake but they have to make everything tough....20 overs means 120 balls all together...so if Pakistan made a run upon each and ever ball, they would have been only 14 runs short....for that, only in 14 overs they could have aimed for 7 runs each and rest one run one each delivery...I know the game ain't played like this because there are dot balls and all but still that is a better way than what Pakistan did....
Honestly, I feel it was a lucky win because Umar Gul isn't a batsman, he is a bowler...sure he can bat as well but he mainly is a bowler....leaving the game in his hands and expect him to hit sixes is just insane....today, he was on his top and really hats off to him that Pakistan won because he was the one whose sixes and fours brought Pakistan out of the danger zone....but what about the real batsman who are known for their batting...what did they do? the inning's start was like a parade...players came, swung the bat couple of times and left....they were leaving the ground with a duck....Shahid Afridi, one of the most talented, experienced and loved player did such a blunder and I was hoping that he would get the Pakistanis a cool nerve...you should get on the pitch, become familiarized with the pace and then aim for the boundaries but no, he came and was caught out because he just gave the ball in the hands of the fielder to catch as if he was giving some catching session to him....now what was that? this isn't some friendly match where you can joke around, try to be realistic...a player whom I hate (as a player that is) is Shoaib Malik....I really don't know what is the guy's problem....you are playing a test match and you get 60 runs out of 250 balls, it is acceptable but not a wise attempt in one day matches or 20-20 matches....this guy really loves the pitch and I guess his coach might have taught him that staying on the field is more important than scoring runs....I was really praying for him to get out so that some light may fall upon the team....
Well Umar Gul really did make his nation proud today with the assist from his partner Umar Akmal..it was sad to watch him leave the field and I thought the chance Pakistan had of winning are gone but Umar Akmal hit off a six and took a run on the next ball....in the end, the edge from the last batsman's first ball won the match with a splendid boundary....Umar Akmal was amazed to see Saeed Ajmal finishing off the game with such beauty...
So the moral of the story is that Pakistan won and now its time for India and Australia to face each other and for Pakistan's team, it can sit back and enjoy this exciting match.....
Tc, comment and do share....



No comments:

Post a Comment