Saturday 14 September 2013

My 116th Post: Friday The 13th


I know, I am late for this post but I was just waiting for the day to end....then when I started writing this post, I gave a second thought and again delayed it just to make sure that Friday the 13th definitely crossed the entire world....it is the morning of 15th here in my country and I guess the effects of 13th are clearly washed out by now....
How my day went? There was nothing new to it....it was as it was supposed to be or in fact it was better than the rest....I enjoyed my day and was able to stamp my unfinished works....I received nice treats and it was a lovely day as I hung out with friends, received some random smiles and slept peacefully....so I guess it didn't affect me at all....in my case, there was nothing like Friday the 13th....well to be honest, I was born on Friday the 13th of December...so if to view it in that sense then maybe, just maybe, it didn't had its effects upon me because my birth date counter acted against it....in simple words, I descended upon that date so maybe it didn't have effects upon me because I am somehow a part of that ritual....well this is just a hypothesis....
There isn't any clear record of this day...it is believed that Friday is an unlucky day and 13th is an unlucky number.....when both of these combine, the day is going to be disastrous......people avoid moving around upon Friday the 13th...they believe that it is going to ruin their work and as a result of superstition, they take as much precautions as possible....it is also believed that upon Friday the 13th, evil spirits and souls rise from Hell and roam freely among us....they try their level best to blacken our luck....
We people just have a habit to believe each and everything we listen to....instead of checking out the facts, we just follow the gossip....Friday the 13th is also something like that...it is just a foolish superstition which people follow....things like these are playing with our minds....people avoid travelling, making business deals or anything which they think might ruin their fortunes....like for number 13, there are majority of buildings in this world which do not have a 13th floor and if it does then people avoid living on it....there is also a thing which states that whenever there are 13 people sitting on a table, one would definitely die....there are numerous stories which follow such a stupid superstition....
We are weak and it is really easy to mould our minds....there is nothing like superstitions.....days like Friday the 13th make no difference...if one was to loose something, he/she might loose it even when it is 12 (the luckiest date) of that month....making an appointment on Friday the 13th won't contribute in the workings of your deal....so I believe that there is nothing like believing that Friday the 13th is an unlucky day...well at least I won't believe that because I was born on that day and Allah has bestowed me with many things so I feel I am lucky....if it really was that unlucky, then life wouldn't be the way I am living it...so forget these stupid superstitions and live freely because there are other important things to worry about rather than this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment